Eyes: Products those are good for the eyes
What foods are good for your eyesight? What are the key factors needed to look good? Why is a lack of vitamins in the body dangerous to eye health? You can find answers to all of these questions in our article. As you know, an individual receives 80% of information through the eyes. This is one of the major organs necessary for life, which ensures a normal existence in the outside world. Technological advances are evolving rapidly and scientists are creating more and more new technologies, thanks to which we can be enlightened in all areas. But unfortunately, most of them have a very negative effect on our eyes. Often the cause of visual impairment is bad habits, which generally poison the whole body. In addition, with age, the eyes are prone to various diseases and untimely treatment can even lead to complete visual impairment.
In order for your visual organs to function without interruption, it is very important that not only a regular examination by a specialist but also that the body receives all the necessary nutrients. When everything is turned upside down, thanks to proper nutrition, you will not only have a beautiful image but also improve the performance of all systems.
Essential ingredients for eye health
The eyes are the most vulnerable human organs as they are very weakly protected. Therefore, it is not only necessary to protect them from injury, but also regularly consume foods that can keep their eyes healthy.
To do this, the body must receive the following basic vitamins and elements:
- Fatty acids (fish, spices, vegetable oils);
- Amino acids (dairy products, grains, vegetables);
- Carotenoids (foods containing vegetable fats);
- Vitamin E (different types of cabbage, greens, sea fish);
- Vitamin A and Vitamin C;
- Chromium (starchy food).
All of these substances are important in preventing eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, myopia, and so on. By consuming products that contain them, you can preserve your vision for many years. To get a better idea of what foods you need to eat to see well, let’s look at their main groups and how they affect visual acuity.
- Fruits and berries are very useful not only for the eyes but also for the whole organism. The main ones that help maintain visual acuity are kiwi, bananas, oranges, and apricots. Also from the berries, you need to use blueberries, mountain ash, sea buckthorn, and rose petals (leader of vitamin C). They contain a lot of vitamins C and A which free the body from free radicals that are harmful to humans. Lack of these vitamins leads to premature aging of the body, which means that vision deteriorates. Therefore, you just need to include these healthy foods in your diet.
- For vegetables for the eyes, you need to eat beets, potatoes, and carrots. Carrot juice works well on the eyes that need to be taken every day on an empty stomach. You should also eat different types of cabbage, especially broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. In addition to vitamin E, they contain lutein, which protects eye contact lenses.
- Fish is the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. They help the whole body to function properly, including the visual organs. By consuming fish such as salmon, trout, tuna, and herring, you can have great eyesight regardless of age.
- Onions and garlic – are the most useful plants from the onion family. Indeed, in addition to the fact that they strengthen the body, and protect it from harmful external factors, they contain sulfur nutrients. This substance affects healthy tissue growth. Therefore, the use of these products will protect the eyes from inflammation such as conjunctivitis and degenerative diseases of the eye.
- Black chocolate has a positive effect on the eyes, as it strengthens their shell. The main ingredient in chocolate is flavonoids. Due to their plant origin, these substances have a strong antioxidant effect. But you need to use chocolate with caution because a poor product can have a detrimental effect on your health. Excessive consumption of sweets can lead to allergic conjunctivitis, so read the ingredients carefully.
- Legumes are a great vitamin source for eye health. Among them, soybeans, asparagus, peas, and beans occupy a special place. It is also a great source of vitamin A, which protects the eyes from the harmful effects of external factors.
- Spinach, parsley, and lettuce contain a lot of lutein, which prevents the formation of cataracts. Vegetables can be eaten raw, for example in salads, where more vitamins are stored in raw form. If desired, it can be added to any dish, in stews of vegetables, meat, etc. To prevent optic nerve disease, doctors recommend taking 1 teaspoon of parsley juice a day.
- Eggs. Due to their high protein content, they help to improve vision and also prevent the development of cataracts. To do this it is important to introduce this product into your diet, the ratio should be 3 × 4 pcs. For a week.
- Vegetable fat is very good for eye fatigue. They strengthen the eye vessels, which is a prevention of retinal degeneration. First, the source of such fat is different types of nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc. Avocados are masters of the healthy composition of vegetable fats. It has a positive effect on the function of all organs and systems, as it contains a lot of carbohydrates, which are important for maintaining good eyesight.
- Dairy products due to their high calcium content are simply necessary for the normal functioning of the body. By consuming them, he gets the substance beta-carotene, which strengthens the membrane in the eyes and prevents the development of farsightedness and myopia. You need to eat dairy products and fermented dairy products: milk, yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese, etc.
For your body to function healthily, you need to remember that it needs vitamins. Proper nutrition, which includes the use of natural products, allows it to function properly and also prevention against many diseases. If you want to preserve your vision for a long time, then you should know about the major products that contribute to this. Use them for a good look, combine them to your liking and prepare wholesome meals.