Oyster mushrooms, what vitamins, acids, micro-and macronutrients do oyster mushrooms contain? How it is beneficial for health and what effect it has on the body. Who should not eat it and why? How to cook a delicious mushroom. Important! Oyster mushrooms are just a storehouse of enzymes that are essential for the breakdown of glycogen and fat. This prevents their precipitation under the skin and the appearance of being overweight.
Harm and contraindications to the use of oyster mushrooms
Contraindications to oyster mushrooms are rare. If you abuse raw mushrooms, you will not wait for bloating, nausea, heartburn, and flatulence. This is because they contain chitin, which is difficult for the body to absorb. This material is only removed after heat treatment. In rare cases, the product can be poisoned. This only threatens those who have eaten oyster mushrooms grown with dangerous substances or in inappropriate conditions.
You should not be swept away by these mushrooms with the following problems:
- Allergies … Here it does not matter exactly what it appears on. When oyster fungus spores enter the lungs, severe coughing, sputum discharge, and runny nose are possible. This problem most often occurs with asthma, tuberculosis, bronchitis, and active smoking.
- Cardiovascular disease … Due to the high water content, it is harmful to eat the product in case of heart failure, arrhythmias, ischemia, hypertension, or thrombosis. If you break this rule, the next morning you may wake up with bags under your eyes and swelling in your legs.
- Diabetes … With such a disease, carbohydrates are harmful, which are a lot of oyster mushrooms. The most dangerous is sugar, which raises blood sugar.
- Renal impairment … We are talking about bugs, jade, salts, sand, and stones in this organ, and its release.
Important! You should not give children under 12 years of age, pregnant women, and the elderly a lot of oyster mushrooms, as it is too heavy for the stomach.
Oyster mushroom recipes
The mushroom can be used in any form, as a supplement to vegetables, meat, and dairy products. It makes an excellent first and second course, a side dish that can be served on the table both weekdays and holidays. It is very important that it does not have a noticeable aroma, because it does not interfere with the taste of other ingredients. Oyster mushrooms are prepared quickly and easily, without the need for pre-soaking and long-term heat treatment.
The following recipes should be observed:
- Potatoes in pots … Peel (1 kg), cut into cubes, salt, and pepper. Wash, peel, and chop the mushrooms (300 g) and the bacon (100 g). Fry one carrot and one onion separately. Then mix all the ingredients together and mix the mass well. Then you just need to sprinkle grated hard cheese over, pour over sour cream, put in pots, and put in the oven for 25 minutes. You can take the dish out when the golden crust appears and the potatoes are no longer hard.
- Soup … To prepare it, wash, peel, and fry 400 g of mushrooms. Bring to a boil, keep on the fire for about 20 minutes, then brown again, but this time with onion (1 pc.), Carrots (1 pc.), and Garlic (2 cloves). In the meantime, peel 2 potatoes, cut them into cubes, and toss them in broth. Now add the ingredients, salt, and pepper to the soup, and sprinkle with dill.
- Pickling … Prepare a 3-liter container with a lid. Peel and chop 5 garlic cloves, 1 onion, and 10 black peppercorns. Put all this in a clean jar, and pour 0.5 tbsp. on top. l. sugar and 3 tsp. salt, add 1, 5 tbsp. Now add water (boiled chilled, no more than 1.5 liters), cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 days. Therefore, you get a great salad for mashed potatoes, pasta, and any cereal.
- Pilaf … Wash the main ingredient (350 g), and chop it by removing and discarding the legs. Then soak long rice, which needs about 200 g. Leave it for 1 hour, then rinse and boil. While it is cooking, peel 1 carrot and one onion, fry them in a large amount of vegetable oil, preferably raw, fragrant, and add the rice. Then brown the mushrooms, especially on low heat, and add them to the amount. Add salt and pepper to the mixture, pour 0.5 cups of vegetable oil over and cook in an enamel pot under a lid for about 20 minutes. You can add canned green beans to the finished dish, literally 2 tbsp. l.
- Protection … First of all, prepares the cans you need 3-4 – wash them, dry and disinfect them. The same should be done with metal covers. Next, peel and chop one onion and 3 garlic cloves. Put all this on the bottom of a container (0.5 liters), as well as bay leaves (3 pcs.) And black peppercorns (8 pcs.). Then boil mushrooms (1, 5 kg) in salted water, remove with a sieve, pour off, and arrange in jars. Pour 2.5 teaspoons on top. Salt and 1 tsp. sugar, pour 1 tbsp. l. vinegar and cooled boiled water (above). Then just roll up and lower the cans into the basement. This is a wonderful dish for the winter!
Important! Oyster mushrooms have rather stiff legs, so it is advisable to cut them off and throw them away before cooking.
Interesting facts about oyster mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are actively grown for commercial purposes. It is the second most popular fungus after its competitor. In 2016, it was 32% of all fungi grown in the CIS. More than half of them were exported. This explains why it is not often found on the market, mainly only in spring and summer.
It is easy to grow oyster mushrooms but very unhealthy. The fact is that during the growth of the multiplication, a large number of spores are hidden, which are dangerous to the human respiratory system, so they are always collected in masks. It costs almost the same as champagne.
In the first harvest after planting oyster mushrooms you cannot get more than 1-2 kg of the crop. After 2-3 waves of mycelium, it is necessary to change. It is grown mainly in the basement. The leader in this position is Germany, where it all began in the 1940s, immediately after the war. During the famine, it was this fungus that helped the Germans escape, as it is very nutritious. It is worth remembering that it boils quickly, so it cannot be stored on the stove for a long time.
Oyster mushrooms should not be stored for too long – they can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 5-7 days, after which it becomes bitter and chewy. It is best to wrap it in paper or pour it into a pot, plastic wrap is not at all a suitable option for this.
In terms of its composition, this mushroom is close to meat, it is considered the third most valuable after boletus and truffle.
This is the perfect mushroom if you are afraid of forest poisoning but do not want to give up this ingredient in soups and main courses. It is very tasty, satisfying, healthy, and easy to prepare, the main thing is to choose good oyster mushroom recipes and use them correctly.