Diet number 5 in pancreatitis
Principles of diet number 5 for pancreatitis. List of permitted and prohibited products. Examples of daily menus and delicious recipes. Diet number 5 is one of the complex treatment methods needed to eliminate pancreatitis. Its purpose is to protect the pancreas as much as possible from mechanical and chemical irritation. Thanks to this diet, and chronic disease, the condition can be normalized without the use of drugs.
Table of Contents
Dietary guidelines number 5 for pancreatitis
If the worsening of pancreatitis worsens, the basic principle on the basis of which the daily diet is formed is “hunger, cold, and rest.” That is, with acute pancreatic pain, patients are advised to stop eating completely for 3 days and then first switch to table number 5.
The daily dose is calculated according to the following system:
- The amount of protein is from 80 to 120 grams;
- Fat – from 40 to 80 grams;
- Carbohydrates – from 200 to 350 grams.
When preparing a daily menu immediately after the aggravation, you need to focus on the lower limit of the food range, at the stage of remission – at the last.
The nutritional value of the diet is from 1700 to 2500 kcal per day, as the patient needs to fully recover and replenish the supply of nutrients consumed during a long hunger strike.
Diet rule number 5:
- The best temperature for food should be 40-55 degrees. Hot or cold food must be discarded.
- Reduce the amount of salt – no more than 6 grams per day.
- The diet is fragile: it is recommended to take food 5-7 times a day, in small doses.
- Before use, the products should be minced: meat and fish are minced, and vegetables and fruits are pureed.
- Cooking techniques: cooking, steaming, fat-free braising; when diet number five is expanded, it will be possible to bake food in aluminum foil or parchment to prevent the formation of a golden-brown crust.
Dietary enlargement number 5 does not start with adding diet to new products, but with a change in proper processing techniques. Mucus grains are replaced by ordinary, meat, and fish – for pieces. Only when the pancreas begins to process such food without problems can the daily menu be expanded according to the basic principles of nutrition for pancreatitis.
Even slight malnutrition can lead to a recurrence of the disease and a worsening of the condition.
Benefits of diet number 5 for pancreatitis
The main symptom of pancreatitis is pain. It can be located in the left hypothalamus, in the central nervous system – under the spoon, and also have shingles in nature. Painful feelings intensify after eating.
The main benefit of the diet from Table 5 is to eliminate excess secretion of enzymes involved in digestion. Food during the diet is completely absorbed, the destruction of the enzyme of the organ does not take place, and the inflammatory process can be stopped.
Bile secretion is normal, and excessive reproduction of digestive juice in the stomach is eliminated. The intestine begins to work continuously, diabetes can be prevented and the balance of water-electrolytes can be broken. In the absence of diarrhea, the patient is not at risk of dehydration.
Diet number five has been shown to be effective in treating patients with chronic hepatitis, gallbladder inflammation, and cirrhosis before the onset of severe pathology.
Contraindications to the use of diet number 5
Patients must discontinue the diet in Table 5, despite chronic pancreatitis, if concomitant diseases (chronic hepatitis or chronic gallbladder inflammation) have passed from the state of withdrawal to acute stages.
You cannot maintain this diet for cirrhosis, as liver function is impaired.
If constipation occurs due to a lack of fatty acids, your doctor will recommend a different diet that will simultaneously protect your pancreas from irritation and normalize your bowel.
Severe intestinal diseases must also leave the presence of diverticulums, cancer processes, poly, tablet number 5.
What can be done with diet number 5
Diet number 5 has nothing to do with fasting. The patient’s body receives useful substances, he does not feel hungry. The meals that are included in the daily menu are not only healthy but also delicious.
Consider permitted products:
- Dairy products for diet number 5 … Very tasty and healthy dairy products and dairy dishes can be added to the diet. The main requirements for them are the lack of noticeable acidity and low-fat content. You can use whole milk, acidophilus, yogurt, kefir, semi-fat cottage cheese, a small amount of sour cream not exceeding 15% fat, and unleavened cheese. On the basis of these products, you can prepare various stews, lazy sausages, and puddings. You do not have to starve.
- Meat and chicken … With pancreatitis in remission, you can eat any meat with low-fat content and a minimum amount of connective tissue. Chicken fillets are ideal in these conditions, but you can also introduce turkey, rabbit, young veal, and lean beef to your diet. Minced meat can be used to make mashed potatoes, meatballs, chops, and soufflé. When the disease goes into remission, it is permissible to eat meat in pieces.
- Fish … Fish with pancreatitis should not be eaten more than 3 times a week. List of fish that can be included in the diet in table number 5: mussels, hook, cod, sheep, tuna. Many dishes can be prepared from these varieties – dumplings, chops, and meatballs. The steamed fish is so soft that it can be served in pieces. At the remission stage, herring can be soaked in milk in the diet.
- Offal … The choice of offal for pancreatitis is limited to 2 items – milk sausage and medical sausage. To prevent a worsening of the condition, by-products are introduced already at the crisis level, with the expansion of the diet. It is advisable to buy sausage dishes from reputable manufacturers.
- Fat … Normal metabolic processes in the human body are impossible if the daily diet contains insufficient fat. To avoid premature aging, in case of pancreatic dysfunction, up to 30 g of butter and up to 15 g of vegetable oil should be included in the daily diet. It is advisable to season the salad with the latter.
- Vegetables and fruits … It must be said at once that it is not possible to put products of this type raw on the daily menu. Starchy vegetables – cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, pumpkin, squash, beets, and fresh green beans – are boiled, boiled, and baked. Before using them, you need to puree them. After exacerbation of the disease can be consumed only one type of fruit – sweet apple, which must be baked in advance. When pancreatitis goes into remission, you can already try freshly grated apples, and raw bananas – no more than 1 time in 2 days. Compotes and mousses, jellies, and jellies can only be made from sweet and ripe berries and fruits. You can add a little sweetener or honey as a sweetener.
- Bakery products … Boiled pasta, gray and rye bread, dry biscuits made of two flours, unsweetened biscuits, biscuits, and uncomfortable pies filled with permitted products can be added to the diet recommended for pancreatitis. It is advisable to dry the bread or use the bread yesterday. It is better to bake cookies on your own, with minimum sugar content.
- Cereals … You can use semolina, oatmeal, rice, and buckwheat to prepare various dishes. It is boring to cook only porridge, and even more, to eat, you can diversify your diet with the help of a variety of stews, puddings, and soufflés.
- Eggs … It is rather difficult to create a culinary masterpiece without eggs, but eggs are not a banned product with pancreatitis. You can eat 2 proteins and half an egg yolk a day. That is, if the protein was used when baking biscuits, then the baking should be spread over 2 days. A very healthy protein dish that you can afford to eat every day is a steamed protein omelet.
- Spices and sauces … As the salt content of the daily diet are reduced to 5-6 g per day, patients think about how to add flavor to dishes. From spices, cinnamon, vanilla, dill, and parsley are allowed in fresh and dry form. You can season dishes with delicious fruit sauces, sour cream, cream, and mild soy sauce.
- Sweet … Fruit and berry jelly, jam, and honey are used as sweets in the diet. It is better to dissolve jam and honey in tea or other liquid. You can afford ready-made sweets – marshmallows, marshmallows, meringues, and marmalades. Just do not abuse these products.
What not with diet number 5
The list of forbidden foods for pancreatitis is quite wide. The patient must give up alcohol, carbonated drinks, chocolate, cocoa, strong broths – meat, fish, vegetarian, as well as legumes, meat, and fish of fatty varieties.
By using lean meats and poultry you cannot cook kidneys, liver, or tongue.
Prohibited foods include canned foods of any kind – meat, fish, vegetables, and fruits, as well as cooking fats, puff pastry, caviar, fermented baked milk, salted cheeses, onions, and chocolate.
Desserts and ice cream, sugar and cabbage, cranberries, radishes, radishes, and spinach are also prohibited.
In order not to get lost, you should remember: that it is forbidden to use all foods and spices that can stimulate increased secretion of the gastrointestinal tract.
Diet menu number 5 for each day
Dietitian developed an estimated 5th-level menu for all stages of pancreatitis. Currently, patients are asked to prepare their own daily menu based on the products available and their own tastes. When preparing food, patients’ age should also be taken into account: adolescents may not like adults.
Examples of foods for diet number 5 for children
The dishes offered to small patients must be soft and tasty; otherwise, they will simply be rejected. Children do not understand how important it is to eat every day and eat healthy food, they ask for sweets, so the menu must be composed so that something delicious is served at each meal.
You can offer young patients the following menu for the day:
- Breakfast … Oatmeal porridge mashed with raisins and bananas or omelet with protein with steamed fish balls, as a tea drink.
- Lunch … The bread sandwich yesterday with soft goat cheese, apple, or cheese sauce with compote.
- Dinner … Vegetable soup, as an option – lean borscht, vegetable side dishes, and chicken breast or fish meatballs.
- Afternoon snack … Yogurt, marshmallows, sweets, or biscuits.
- Dinner … Fried vegetables with fish, vegetable meatballs.
Before going to bed, it is advisable to give your child half a glass of kefir to drink.
Protein omelets are very easy to make. First, you need to make an aluminum foil mold and make a steam bath or put it in a double boiler. While the steamer is heating, beat 2 egg whites with 2 tablespoons of milk and add grated cheese to the mixture – about a teaspoon. No salt is needed; the cheese is salty enough to give the dish the flavor you want.
Another tasty and healthy dish is chicken soufflé. In a blender, whisk about 100 g of meat, 2 tablespoons of milk, egg whites, and a little flour to get a puree consistency, a drop of salt. They bake according to the scheme already described – steamed or in the oven and cover the film form with a lid of the same material.
Diet menu number 5 for adults
Menus for adults should be designed as carefully as for children, but since adults understand the need to eat regularly, you can think less about variety.
Diet menu number 5 for adults:
- Breakfast … Any porridge with bread and a little butter or steamed omelet, a little cheese, or tea.
- Lunch … Baked apple, slightly boiled pear, grated carrot soufflé.
- Dinner … Vegetable or rice soup, boiled turkey fillets or noodles with chicken, jelly from sweet berries or fruit.
- Afternoon snack … Choice of tea with dried biscuits, cottage cheese, or yogurt.
- Dinner … Zucchini or mashed potatoes, fish steaks, steamed slices, tea, or puree. Before going to bed, kefir.
Cauliflower molds can be made for people of all ages. Cabbage is steamed, crushed, mixed with egg whites, cottage cheese, and milk, and slightly salted.
Recipe for dried fruit soup: two glasses of chopped dried fruit, the same amount of cauliflower, grated carrots – 2 pieces, and a tablespoon of vegetable oil. All ingredients, except dried fruits, are boiled in oil almost until soft, dried fruits are boiled until soft. Then vegetables are added to a container with dried fruit and everything is cooked until fully cooked. Add salt if necessary.
Recipes for diet number 5 for the elderly
The daily menu of elderly people with pancreatitis may contain the same dishes as in children and adults, but a similar story should always be kept in mind. In addition, in the elderly, metabolism is slow and a tendency to constipation often develops. This should be remembered when individual dishes are finished.
The following recipes for diet number 5 do not contain foods that have a strengthening effect:
- Lean chicken soup … 200 g chicken breasts are boiled and removed from the broth and especially boiled grated carrots, 2-3 finely chopped potatoes, small onions, and salt until soft. The vegetable broth should not be saturated. After the vegetables are almost cooked, spread the chicken in it, cut into small pieces and bring to a boil. Then the soup is ground with a blender and a teaspoon of sour cream is added.
- Lazy buns … The dough is kneaded from 400 g of cottage cheese, one protein and half of the egg yolk, a tablespoon of sugar, and half a glass of flour. When the dough has almost stopped sticking to your hands, roll it into a sausage, cut it into even pieces and dip it in hot salted water. As soon as the buns float, you can turn them off. Delicious, fast, and easy to chew, even with dental problems.
- Soup puree … Can be added to the menu for both the elderly and children. Boil 250 g of cauliflower, and cut into cauliflower and zucchini. When the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the vegetable broth, whisk with a blender and bring to the boil again. At this time, whipped protein milk is poured into the pan, stirring constantly, and as soon as the first “gurgles” appear, turn it off. Add oil before serving.
The obligatory kefir glass before going to bed can be replaced with rosehip broth with dried biscuits or herbal tea.
Diet table number 5 can be made so varied that you can eat this way for a long time without experiencing any discomfort.