Yellow beets: What are yellow beets good for?
Yellow beets; is a vegetable good for health? Calorie content and chemical composition of yellow beets. All the useful stuff it contains. Its effects on the body and contraindications for use. The most popular recipes and facts about vegetables.
Note! The great benefits of yellow beets are shown by eating them both raw and cooked. The low-calorie content allows the vegetables to be used extensively to lose weight in the diet.
Harms and contraindications for the use of yellow beets
These vegetables, both fresh and heated, can be eaten by almost anyone, but in small quantities. If abused, it can cause indigestion, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and nausea. This is especially true for those suffering from gastrointestinal diseases (gastritis, colitis, pancreatitis, bile diseases). To avoid such problems, you cannot consume the juice and pulp of raw vegetables on an empty stomach – at least you should least drink some water first.
It is necessary to limit the consumption of yellow beets as much as possible in the following cases:
- Gastritis … With such a disease, it is definitely impossible to treat with root vegetable juice, only boiled pulp without salt is welcomed.
- Stomach ulcers … The raw product can cause severe pain and colic attacks as it irritates the intestines and stomach. It also activates the production of hydrochloric acid, which corrodes the walls of these organs.
- Kidney failure … In such a situation, the vegetable, due to the content of a large amount of acid and potassium, can worsen the condition.
- Diabetes … We are talking about two types of disease, 1 and 2, where a high percentage of carbohydrates in the composition increases the amount of glucose in the blood. As a result, the head spins, nausea, great thirst worries, and vision worsens.
Important! Even if you have no contraindications to carrots, you cannot drink the juice of it fresh – it should be refrigerated for at least 2 hours. It is recommended to start using it with a minimum amount and gradually increase the amount.
Yellow beets recipes with carrots
This vegetable is mainly used to prepare the first dishes and salads, both hot and cold. It turns out quite tasty both raw and cooked and goes well with carrots, nuts, apples, and cabbage. Always wash it thoroughly before use. It is not customary to use the skin in cooking; only pulp and juice are suitable for eating. It is not recommended to leave the peeled fruit for more than a day as they lose their flavor.
Check out some of the most popular recipes:
- Cold salad … You need to peel smaller beets (3 pcs.), Chop the head of garlic “Sterling”, one orange, and get the seeds (one stack) from the pomegranates. Then mix all the ingredients together, and pour over it with red wine vinegar (15 ml) and orange liqueur (2 tablespoons). Finally, sprinkle with cubes of feta cheese (50 g), chopped arugula, and the peel of one lemon, salt the mixture, and place on plates decorated with salad.
- Beetroot … Wash 0.5 kg of veal or broiler, dry, and cut into small pieces. Next, boil the meat in salted water for about an hour. At this time, peel carrots (1 pc.) and onions (2 pcs.), cut them into cubes, and fry them in vegetable oil. Cut the chopped beetroot (0.5 kg) separately, without the skin. Then peel the potatoes (3 pieces) and cut them into cubes. When the broth is ready, remove the meat from the soup and strain it. Now pour the roast and the remaining ingredients here, and cook the soup for about 30 minutes on low heat. Before turning off the stove, season with salt and pepper, and add a bay leaf (2 pcs.). Therefore, you should get 5-10 servings.
- Herring under fur … This classic dish of Slavic cuisine is prepared in this way: beetroot (3 pcs.), Eggs (5 pcs.), Carrots (2 pcs.), and potatoes (4 pcs.) are boiled and rubbed as little as is possible. Peel and chop the raw onion (2 pcs.). Now the herring is being cut: the fins are cut off, the skin removed, all the bones removed. It needs to be cut into small pieces and placed on the bottom of a shallow plate. Next, the first layer is smeared with mayonnaise, and onions, potatoes, carrots, beets, and eggs are spread over it. Those who want more salt should add salt between the “rows”. Before serving, the salad should cool in the refrigerator, but an hour is enough.
- Korean-style pickled beetroot … Wash and peel 1 kg of the main vegetable. Put it in an enamel pot, fill it with water so that it completely covers the ingredients, and cook for 20 minutes. Then turn off the stove, drain the liquid and let the beets cool. Then grate it on a fine grater, sprinkle sugar (2 tablespoons), salt (2 teaspoons), coriander (pinch), garlic paste (5 cloves), and ground red pepper (2 teaspoons). The last step is to add vinegar (1 tablespoon) and vegetable oil (3 tablespoons). The resulting mixture must be covered and refrigerated for 3 days, stirring all this time.
- Cutlets … Grind 500 g of the main vegetable without the skin on a grater, salt, and pepper, and add 2 tbsp. l. sour cream and semolina (70 g). Then stir in the mixture, form meatballs out of it, roll them in breadcrumbs, and fry in oil at low heat until it is barely noticeable. If they fall apart when turned, one egg needs to be driven into the “dough”.
- Caviar … To prepare it, you need to peel and cut 1 kg of beets into thin strips. Next, remember it by hand, salt it, and put it in a pan of dripped vegetable oil. Add tomato puree (50 g), black pepper (3 pinches), and grated garlic (3 cloves). Boil the mixture for an hour, cover over low heat and add a little water regularly. For taste, you can skip a drop of lemon juice (10 drops).
- The vinaigrettes … Boil 5 potatoes, 2 beets, and 3 carrots, peel, and chop them as small as possible. Then chop 4 pickles and two onions. Mix it all, add peas or beans (100 g), salt and season with vegetable oil, preferably sunflower oil.
Interesting facts about carrots
For eating only fruits with solid hard skin, without spots, their optimal diameter is 6 cm. The tail should be tight; it is difficult to get rid of it.
The most delicious vegetables are young, sold from early summer to mid-autumn. In winter, it is stored in a cellar or in a refrigerator at a temperature below + 10 ° C. Indoors; it deteriorates quickly – withers, mold, and rot.
Unlike the red product, this one does not get dirty in the hands when cooking and does not run off.
In terms of its positive properties, yellow beetroot almost steps on the heels of competitors. At the same time, it is prepared faster and easier, it is more easily tolerated by the body, and has fewer contraindications for use.
To preserve all the nutrients, boil the vegetables in their skins. It turns out to be quite tasty, but not very beautiful beetroot and vinaigrette – the finished dish, even after heat treatment, still emits yellow.
All the beetroot recipes suggested in the article do not pretend to be “exclusive”, but the dishes turn out to be healthy, tasty, and quite satisfying. It is unlikely that these yellow beets vegetables will be recognized by the people of the CIS countries, but it is certainly not to be overlooked.