- 1 lb. of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs (brush bread with oil, bake it, cool it and chop in a food processor)
- ½ cup toasted whole almonds with skins on
- 3 tbsp. honey (use agave nectar if vegan)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or blended oil (75% canola and 25% extra virgin olive oil)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375˚ F. Chop the sprouts in half. Blanch in boiling salted water for one minute (if roasting) or boil for about 5 or 6 minutes until done but not mushy. If roasting, take the blanched sprouts, put on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast about 15 minutes. Check the sprouts for doneness.
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil, get nice and hot, and add the sprouts. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir the sprouts a few times; if they start to stick add a little bit of water. You are cooking them to get them hot and slightly toasted. Add the honey and stir well.
- Take the pan off the heat; add almonds and breadcrumbs and stir. Place the sprouts on a plate, grate parmesan over the dish and serve.