Roller with plums: Quick blow roller with plums at home
Roller with plums A very quick and inexpensive recipe for homemade baking – a roll of ready-made puff pastry with plums in a hurry. Step-by-step recipe.
A fragrant and delicious puff pastry roll made from ready-made puff pastry with fruit is a wonderful dessert for tea, which will not cause any problems in the kitchen. Sweet and fragrant pastries always fill the house with an atmosphere of comfort, celebration, and joy. Regardless of age, both children and adults love it equally. Everyone has their own wishes for such sweet entertainment, but everyone loves a puff pastry roller with plums!
Today I will use ready-made puff pastry for roller with plums for home baking. This is a quick version of a wonderful pastry and a real lifesaver for any housewife. From then on, everything is always obtained with a plus and without much effort. And plum tea is no exception! But even at first glance, everything here does not seem complicated at all! But I still strongly recommend that you listen and use all the tips described below in a step-by-step recipe with a picture. Compared to them, you get a constantly delicate roll with a crispy crust, melting filling in the mouth, and a magical taste. It will not be a shame to serve it not only to prepare for the family tea party but also to feed the guests.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 252 kcal.
- Dosage – 1
- Cooking time – 1 hour
- Puff pastry – 500 g
- Wheat – 2 tablespoons
- Plums – 250 g
- Aromatic spices to taste
- Sugar – 50 g or to taste
Step-by-step preparation of a puff pastry roller with plums
- First of all, release the dough from the package and thaw it completely until it is soft. It is important to thaw it gradually at room temperature. It translates very fast, literally in 1 hour. Do not use a microwave oven to speed up thawing. Do not freeze the dough again. This means that everything that has been thawed must be baked.
- When the dough is pliable, dust the table or work the table with flour so that it does not stick. Lay a layer and roll it out as thin as possible, about 3 mm in a rectangular shape. If cracks form during rolling, moisten them with a little water and smooth them with your fingers to make the cracks disappear. And if the thawed puff pastry becomes very soft and sticky during use, put it in the fridge for a while to cool for a few minutes. High-quality semi-finished product is plastic and stretches well and does not break with sculptures. Roll is also ideal if you use the good dough. To do this, when buying it, notice the following signs: the color should be beige, and the surface is smooth without bulges and crumbs.
- When working with puff pastry, keep the following in mind. From the heat, the oil in it will start to melt, as the layers will stick together, which means that baked goods will not rise well. Therefore, work with the dough in a cold kitchen away from the oven on cold and not very humid days.
- Next, make the filling, Plums. They are suitable for all varieties, but the most delicious pastry with fruit is sour. If the plums are very sweet, reduce the amount of sugar. This pastry has nothing seasonal. In summer, roll rolls with fresh fruit, and in winter with frozen fruit.
- Wash the fresh plums selected with cold running water, dry them well with a paper towel so that there is no excess moisture, and cut in half or in 4 parts, depending on the original size of the fruit. Remove the pits and place the fruit on top of the dough, cut up so that the skin comes into contact with the dough. Sprinkle with aromatic spices, such as a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.
- It is not necessary to thaw frozen fruit in advance. Immediately place them on the dough.
- The dough is usually sold in packages weighing 500 grams and is usually divided into 2 plates. To make a roll, you can use two or just one plates at a time. Alternatively, make one part of the dough with plums and the other with other fruits or berries.
- Sprinkle sugar over the plums until they caramelize. You can change the amount of sugar as needed: increase for lovers of sweets and decrease for lovers of sweet and sour cakes.
- Then sprinkle the plums with flour so that it absorbs all the moisture released from the fruit and the dough is not glued. If you use frozen fruit, there is a risk that the juice will start to flow more from the roll than from fresh fruit. As a result, the product will have to cook longer or it may also turn out sparkling. Therefore, it is better to mix frozen plums with starch or flour so that they are covered with a dry mass on all sides. Starch and flour absorb berry juice which is released during baking.
- Lay the edges of the dough on three sides; cover the plums so that the juice does not flow out of the roll when baking.
- Carefully roll up the dough plate so that the fruit does not fall out.
- Place the roll on a baking tray, and sew down. If the puff pastry is of good quality, then you do not need to lubricate the baking tray with oil, because it contains a sufficient amount of fat and baked goods do not stick. Cut shallow through the roll. They will give the product a beautiful look and in the finished form, it will be easier to cut it into portions. To give the finished product a beautiful reddish color, brush it with a thin layer of vegetable oil, milk, or beaten egg yolk. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, or to 220-250 ° C, because puff pastry is always baked at a high temperature. Bake the roll for 20-30 minutes. But since everyone has different ovens, be careful when baking. When the cake gets a reddish shade, try it on ready and pierce it with a wooden stick – it should come out dry.
- Cool the finished puff pastry roller with plums on a baking tray. when hot, the product is very fragile and can break. Then remove the roll from the baking tray, cut it into portions and sprinkle with icing sugar, garnish with cinnamon, cocoa powder, or chocolate chips. Serve with a cup of coffee, tea, or ice cream.