Mushrooms: Salt, Boil, Fry and Dry Mushrooms
As you know, many people worship mushrooms. Visiting restaurants and cafes, they readily order mushroom dishes and enjoy their fantastic taste. But when this forest product feels raw in the kitchen at home, the question arises – what to do with the mushrooms after picking?
Do not be surprised that not every family has a man who, in his spare time, goes to the woods searching for mushrooms. That’s why you do not have to cook mushrooms at home.
I will try to change the situation by sharing my experience. After reading my article, you can do anything with mushrooms, boil, fry, salt and even dry. I will pay attention to collection and cleaning. In general, the article should prove to be very interesting and informative.
How to Salt Mushrooms
Autumn is slowly approaching. It means that soon various mushroom dishes will start to appear on the tables. While some are enjoying their tastes, others are busy preparing.
Mushrooms are salted in a variety of ways. Chanterelles, milk mushrooms, mushrooms, and boletus are most often salted. Regardless of the array, you can safely use a single salting technique. The result is a low-calorie product.
Training … It is recommended to use only young, undamaged without worms. They are sorted, washed and cleaned. Large ones are crushed.
Soaking … Before salting some varieties, soak. Therefore, bitterness leaves—soaked milk mushrooms and others with a bitter taste. Drinking in a cold room and changing the water regularly is recommended.
The technique is applied to mushrooms, milk mushrooms, and russula. Before salting, it is recommended to soak the mushrooms, Volusia and russula for 72 hours. Change water after 6 hours. Ryzhiks do not soak. They are washed and the roots removed. Salting is standard in ceramics, glass and enamel clays.
- Mushrooms are stacked in layers in a container with the lids down. Must sprinkle All layers with salt. Take half a glass of salt per pound of mushrooms. You can use dill and laurel.
- Cover the mushrooms with a loose cloth. Next, a wooden ring is placed on top, and light weight is placed on it. After a while, they will start to settle down. Look at the mold. If present, replace the fabric and wash the ring.
- After a week, the mushrooms thicken, and saltwater appears in the dishes. If there is no salt water, increase the weight of the load and cover the dishes with foil. Salting will be completed after one and a half months.
This salting technology is faster. The hot method is used for salting russula, asparagus mushrooms, honey mushrooms and butter mushrooms. It is recommended to use only ripe mushrooms.
Salting in this way involves the use of brine. It is made from spices and salt. Dill, cloves and laurel will do.
- Put a pot of water on the fire, add a little salt and bring the water to a boil. Then put the mushrooms in a saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally.
- After the foam appears, remove it, add spices and continue cooking for a third of an hour. Finished mushrooms will sink to the bottom, and the brine will be more transparent.
- After cooking, transfer to a wide bowl and allow to cool. Then place them in jars, sprinkle with salt and close. The proportion of fungi/salt water is 5 to 1. Salting will be completed in 45 days.
This technique is used for pickling hard mushrooms.
- The mushrooms are gradually peeled, cut into slices, placed on a wire rack and dried.
- Send the dried mushrooms to a large bowl and mix with salt. 200 g of salt is enough per kilogram of mushrooms.
- Placed firmly on the banks. Sprinkle with salt and close the jar with a lid.
I have shared three step-by-step pickled recipes. You have the technology to use for salting. Note that each of these methods is good in its way.
How to Fry
Let’s pretend you know how to pick and clean mushrooms, but you do not see the secret of proper frying. It is what our conversation will continue. People on a diet should not eat fried mushrooms.
- Wash and peel well. This method is long, especially if there are many. The taste of the finished dish depends on the quality of the first process.
- Put the peeled in the herring and leave them under running water for 30 minutes.
- Pour water into a large pot and bring. Put a small peeled onion in a pot that acts as a poison check. If it turns blue, it is recommended to discard the mushrooms. Otherwise, you could seriously poison yourself.
- The fund is not far, only a few minutes. Then soak them, grind and fry in oil.
This frying technique is used when the nature of the product is in doubt. In addition, lose vitamins and aromas when cooked. If you know precisely what these are, you should not boil them. Peel, rinse with water, wipe with a napkin and fry in oil after chopping.
The recipe for frying with the onion is a little different.
- Fry the chopped onion. Then add the chopped.
- Do not cover the pan with a lid for 5 minutes. The result will be a golden-brown crust.
- After 5 minutes, cover the dishes and continue to fry for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt at the end of cooking. If you fry them correctly, they will be soft, even and retain their original shape.
Serve as a particular dish, cold snack or side dish. Some housewives pour sour cream sauce or add other vegetables to the onion during frying.
I will say a few words about spices. I do not use them because the smell overwhelms the aroma of mushrooms, especially champagne.
How to Cook
Some people like meat, fish, and the third mushroom. It all depends on personal taste. If everyone knows the complicated cooking of meat and fish dishes, with the latter, everything is a little different. There are many ways to prepare them. We’ll talk about cooking.
Sensitivity of Preparation And Cooking
Before cooking, pre-prepared. They are cleaned of dirt and debris and washed thoroughly, but not for a long time. If you rinse for a long time, they absorb too much moisture and lose density.
Sensitivity of cooking. First, boil the water, then throw the mushrooms in the pan, only after adding salt. You can add a noble little bay, dill or onion for aroma.
Good taste depends on the power of the cooking fire. The average temperature is ideal. The cooking temperature should keep a moderate boil of the broth.
Cooking Time for Popular Brands
- Mushroom. These are grown in greenhouses. They are soft; lengthy processing is not required—Cook fresh champagne for up to 5 minutes. In the case of frozen mushrooms, before boiling for 10 minutes, freeze.
- Oyster. Also, greenhouse mushrooms. They are different from champagnes with more excellent softness and density. The cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.
- Delicate forest mushrooms. Soak in milk for 60 minutes before cooking. Boil in salted water for a third of an hour.
- White. The structure is pretty dense—Cook for 40 minutes. During the process, must remove the foam.
- Butter lets. They grow in the forest. The structure is fragile. It takes 30 minutes to cook.
. Honey. Cook for at least an hour. After boiling, the foam that needs to be removed will appear, the water will be divided, and the boiling will continue.