Ingredients: •3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
•1/2 cup snipped fresh chives (from 1 bunch), divided
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
•1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
•1 cup shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
1. Position rack in lower third of oven, place a pizza stone or large pizza pan on the rack
and preheat oven to 450°F for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a small bowl; set aside. Trim
asparagus spears to about 6 inches long; slice any thicker stalks in half lengthwise. Toss
in a bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 cup chives, salt and pepper.
3. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about a 14-inch circle.
4. Carefully remove the pizza stone or pan from the oven and set on a heatproof surface,
such as your stovetop. Place the dough on the stone or pan and brush with the reserved
garlic-oil mixture. Arrange the asparagus in a circular pattern on the dough with the tips
facing out. Top with cheese and the remaining chives.
5. Carefully return the stone or pan to the oven and bake the pizza on the lower rack until
crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes