From Courtney Reitzl
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches green onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Chop 1 head of cabbage and put in a bowl with 1/2 cup salt. Weigh it down with a small plate and something heavy on top.
- Let it sit for 2 hours.
- Drain and rince multiple times.
- Mix in garlic, sugar, water, red chili flakes, radish, and green onions.
- Mix well and put into a glass jar. Press down and pack tight. Make sure there is a layer of liquid on top.
- Cover with a lid and let sit on the counter for 3-5 days. Each day remove the lid to expel gasses, and then press down the mixture to keep it submerged.
- Put it in the fridge, and enjoy!