- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 lamb chops, meat cut off the bone and thinly sliced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red potato, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup cooked green peas
- In a Dutch oven, heat the 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté for one minute. Add the garlic and sauté, stirring for one minute.
- Add a generous portion of freshly cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of salt to the lamb on both sides. Place them in the pan and brown, about two minutes each side. Remove lamb from pan and save.
- Add the red bell pepper, rosemary and thyme to the pan and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil. Add diced turnip and potato; simmer 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Right in the pan, lightly mash about half the mixture, mostly the turnip and potato. This will thicken the ragout. Add the green peas and lamb and heat through, 2 or 3 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls.
Cindy Paré, BFBLHR Volunteer