- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large glass baking dish, toss the asparagus with the olive oil and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and toss. Bake until the asparagus are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the stalks, stirring twice.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Jane Cullipher, Cullipher Farms